How can we help you?

The Community Council is a good place to start if you need to find out about anything locally – your councillors live nearby and are interested in what goes on. They can often point you in the right direction for issues to do with planning, utilities, local amenities and support groups.

Although it has only a limited budget, the council has for many years helped with the cost of keeping our church yards tidy. We have contributed to making safe the war memorial at Wonastow. Our village halls have received small grants towards updating facilities. Even if the community council cannot provide direct financial assistance for some projects it may be able to direct you to a suitable grant aiding body.

The council is in regular touch with Gwent Police and officers do attend meetings to update us on crime in the area. They run speed checks in Mitchel Troy and Dingestow as a result of our/your concerns about speeding vehicles.

We are in frequent touch with the County Council about highway issues, especially road surfaces and potholes!

Councillors represent our community on bodies such as the Citizens Advice Bureau and Monmouthshire Rural Forum.

Local people frequently have issues with planning and your ward representative is always willing to discuss applications with you, whether it is about your own property or an application locally.

If you have an idea for something that would benefit your local community or any concerns we are here to help if we possibly can.

Village Hall